Help desk assistant is a popular job, especially among the work from home mothers, fresh job seekers, entrepreneurs et al.
Based on the skill sets a help desk assistant can take up a variety of jobs. However, the most common ones include handling inbound and outbound calls, providing customer support over email and phone, data entry and other such related processing tasks.
Help desk assistants in today’s world have become an important bridge between individuals and businesses hiring the services and their customers. An increasing number of people are thus seeking a job as a help desk assistant.
What does it take to become a Help Desk Assistant?
Required key skills to become a help desk assistant
– Good communication skills: Because a lot of this work involves interacting with people so superior communication skills are indispensable.
– Hold over language: Depending upon the language being used, the help desk assistant needs to have excellent command over language.
– Patience: It is definitely a virtue and more so when you seek to be a help desk assistant. A lot of the times you might get frustrated with the work. However, keeping your cool can ease the life to a great extent.
– Pleasing personality: No one would like a grumpy help desk person. So, if you are keen on helping others, are polite and can handle multiple tasks this job can be a pleasure for you.
The advantages and Drawbacks of choosing a career as a help desk assistant
On the face of it, the job of a help desk assistant may not sound very exciting. After all, you’ve got to handle irate customers who’ll be shouting on you for no fault of yours. However, this job offers equal and even more opportunities as any other profession.
– Utilization of your skills: If you have above par technical skills providing tech support can be a fulfilling profession for you.
– Development of your Interpersonal skills: You will be required to handle a lot of mails, phone calls even as you carry on with your data entry tasks. Needless to say, over time you may develop exceptional communication and multi-tasking abilities.
– Handsome Package: Working as a full time help desk assistant offers you a decent salary of $40k-$50k annually.
On the other hand the cons of working as help desk assistant are quite obvious.
Day in and day out you will have to deal with incessant customer queries and many of them can be plain stupid.
Al in all, when you weigh the pros and cons of being a help desk assistant, the outcome depends a lot on your personality and interest. The job of a help desk assistant involves heavy usage of computers, internet, phones and simple processing tasks. Increasingly these skills have become common amongst people of all age-groups.
Thus, if you are a job seeker with these common skills you can definitely start your career as a successful help desk assistant.
If you are going to apply for a help desk position, here are some interview questions to check.