It is very important to have a cordial, healthy and professional work relationship with your co-workers. Having a poor relationship with co-workers is not just stressful and frustrating – it can also have an impact on job performance and satisfaction.
Women24 has five hints to help you develop trusting relations with colleagues:
1. Be positive. A positive attitude when things go wrong will mean a lot to your co-workers. Instead of complaining, volunteer suggestions and don’t take offence if they are not always implemented.
2. Don’t try to cover up mistakes. If you are not able to rectify a mistake or problem yourself, let your co-workers and manager kknow as soon as possible. Ask for help if you need it – everyone makes mistakes!
3. Show respect. Everyone is unique and people don’t always see things eye to eye. So step into your co-workers’ shoes and try to see things from their point of view. Respect their opinions and decisions.
4. Control your emotions. A display of wild emotions never solves anything. Try to find productive ways to channel your emotions in the workplace.
5. Learn from others. There is always an opportunity to learn from others because everyone has unique experiences and opinions. [Check these 4 tips to improve your Organization Skills]
No matter what position you hold in an organisation, always listen to what co-workers have to say.
Remember that trust begets confidence, which leads to a more efficient working environment for all – and that results in happy, productive workers. Keep these tips in mind next time you walk into work and be met with positive outcomes.
Bonus: Check our 5 top tips to make your Boss happy.