Most of us are always in search of new jobs, for better prospects. When there is a job search, there is an interview and for this, we have to take time off from current work place.
Here are few excuses for taking time off for an interview:
– Take a vacation day.
– Use a sick day.
– Take a couple of hours of personal time.
– Volunteer for an extra task, meeting, event, conference of some kind that involves time outside of normal work hours, then take the extra hours worked as comp time.
– Picking a friend up from the airport.
– House was burglarized.
– Plumbing problem.
– Sick child.
– Sick parent.
– Doctor’s appointment for yourself or a family member.
– Medical testing.
– You have a migraine and need to go home.
– You have a business meeting.
– Personal business.
– Appointment with an attorney to get wills.
– Financial planning appointment.
Please share excuses that you have made/heard.
By Alison Doyle, About.com