This article is about some of the best small business ideas to start in 2013.
Have you been dragging your feet to work every Monday morning and wondering how long you would work for that standard industry pay with long hours and task-master bosses? Do you think you are capable enough to run your own show?
You are probably one of the several readers who have been wondering what kind of business would be ideal for you to begin with. Business provides better creativity and freedom over the routine bounds jobs. These kinds of thoughts drive many to set up a small business and start their own career. But, mostly they suffer from the problem to find the right choice of business to go for.
Small Business Ideas For Marketing Pros
You can begin a small business on the internet and offline if you have strong digital and traditional marketing experience. Here are a couple of steps that you should follow:
– Identify you target audience
– Build a strong proposal as a consultant and approach various companies and offer to market their product
– Doing your research on the companies that you are about to approach will be the winning stride in your business development
– Remember to include social media, and outdoor advertising as part of your marketing plan to give companies a 360 degree approach to your marketing strategy that you propose
You can also start an online writing business to sell marketing guides, business research and set up tips.
Your small business is a sure fire success when you carefully plan every step of your execution and take calculated risks.
Small Business Ideas For Hands on Crafty People
So what if you are probably a house wife or an extremely artistic person with a boring job that pays well. You can run a successful small business right from your desk top. Here is how:
– Decide on what kind of craft or art you are really good at. A good way to recognize your best is by asking your family and best friends for opinions, but remembering to trust in yourself more
– Once you have your product line decided on, start working on a masterpiece
– Meanwhile setup a Facebook page and start putting the world out about your new virtual store
– Remember to speak to as many friends and family and start telling them what you would be offering
– After that initial teaser, release the art that you have been working on and start putting up smaller ones every other day with price tags with them
In no time, you will have a successful small business up and running and you can carry on your passion without letting go of your day job too!
Small Business Ideas For Software Geeks
It has been software galore ever since the world started seeing the boom of Information Technology. One of the newest trends of big businesses is to find small business owners to be able to sell their products. If you are a software geek and you understand and have what it takes to run a business, then consider speaking to a few companies and offer to sell their products under different brand names for a premium price.
– Identify a couple of companies that you can approach on this front
– Discuss your idea with them and ask them for a discount on their product if you would buy in bulk
– Once quotations and documents are out of the way, make sure you have a strong online and offline strategy to sell the product
Remember that this business is a bit of a risk and it is very important that you not venture into this if you do not understand the technology. However, remember that the software industry is a goldmine you would never regret starting a small business in. Here are 6 top tips to improve your IT skills.
In addition to above ideas, do take a look at 7 points to consider setting up your small business.